1. LED Cotton Clouds Lighting
A perfect way to add that mystical and magical feel to your home! This cotton wrapped LED (choose the ones that will stay cool) will look amazing in your house or used as outdoor decoration in the walkway during Christmas, New Year, birthday, wedding, baby shower or any outdoor party lighting setup.
- Cotton Batting (supermarket)
- Paper Lanterns (buy them cheaply at $3 stores)
- Cool LEDs (electric stores – make sure it generates little heat and is warm to touch)
- Hot Glue Gun (stationary shops)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Securely attach LED in the middle of the paper lantern
- Stretch the cotton batting until it is fluffy and voluminous enough
- Hot glue the cotton around the paper lantern
WARNING: be careful and have your fire extinguisher in place at all time when trying this cotton diy LED light idea, in case you accidentally set it on fire.
Keep out of reach of children and Never leave it unattended!
2. Floating Dresses Garden Party Lighting
This awesome idea might appear a little creepy, for some it may seem like little fairies are hidden inside these beautiful dresses, to others, it may as well be ghosts! So this decorative outdoor lighting idea will probably make the best decoration choice for special occasions like Halloween.
To make these cute glowing dresses follow similar steps to creating LED Cotton Clouds, only replace cotton with real dresses of your choice (ideally of kids size and see-through fabric, like chiffon) and hang them on cloth hangars with paper lanterns inside garments. Then you can also use cotton or other light fillings to stuff these dresses so they don’t fall flat.
3. Bottled Outdoor Candle Lighting
What an efficient way to recycle your whine bottles? They will protect candle flames from any wind condition and make it a lot more interesting to look at.
I found this Italian Flint Bottle Hurricanes on Napastyle.com. Unfortunately, they no longer sell these, and alternative designs are quite expensive, so you might have to consider it as a little diy party outdoor lighting project or get someone who is good with glass cutting to get it done, depending on your budget.
However, it will be not easy to cut and polish the bottom edges so they are even, won’t wobble and are safe for handling, unless you know a good glass cutting technique.
4. Backyard Decorative Outdoor Lighting
One of the most effortless and simple ways to make your backyard sparkle with glistering light is by wrapping light bulbs around the trunk of trees.
5. Romantic Tree-Hanging Candlelights
Do you have a great party outdoor lighting idea to share? Please leave a comment and I will consider adding it to this list.
Related Outdoor Party Lighting Ideas.